- How To Get Rid of Mice with Kitty Litter: the Safe and Effective Way
- How To Set Up a Kitty Litter Mouse Trap
- The Best Types of Kitty Litter for Getting Rid of Mice
- How To Keep Mice from Entering Your Home
- Putting the Tips into Practice To Get Rid of Mice with Kitty Litter
Mice can be a huge nuisance, and it can be difficult to get rid of them. Many people recommend using traps or poison, but those methods can be dangerous and ineffective. A much safer and easier way on how to get rid of mice is to use kitty litter.
Kitty litter contains sodium bentonite, which swells when it comes into contact with water. When the mice eat the kitty litter, it swells up inside their stomachs and causes them to die.
In this blog post, we will discuss how to get rid of mice with kitty litter in a safe and effective way!
How To Get Rid of Mice with Kitty Litter: the Safe and Effective Way
When using kitty litter to get rid of mice, it is important to use the right kind. There are two types of kitty litter that can be used – clumping and non-clumping.
Clumping kitty litter contains sodium bentonite, while non-clumping kitty litter does not. For this method to be effective, you will need clumping kitty litter.
To get rid of mice with kitty litter, you will need to do the following:
1. Fill a small bowl with clumping kitty litter.
2. Place the bowl in an area where you have seen mice or where you think they may be hiding.
3. Wait for the mice to eat the kitty litter.
4. The mice will die within a few hours after eating the litter.
5. Remove the dead mice and dispose of them properly.
6. Repeat as necessary.
It is important to make sure that pets and children do not eat the kitty litter, as it can be harmful if ingested. If you have any questions or concerns, please consult with a professional before using this method.
How to Set Up a Kitty Litter Mouse Trap
If you want to make sure that you catch the mouse in a safe way after the kitty litter has done its magical job, then you might want to set up a kitty litter mousetrap in addition to the previous steps we have shared.
To set up a kitty litter mousetrap, you will need the following items:
1. Clumping kitty litter
3. Knife or screwdriver
5. Plastic bag
7. Cardboard box
8. Ruler or measuring tape
11. Hot glue gun and glue sticks (optional)
12. Small pieces of wire (optional)
Let’s dive deep into understanding each step so that you feel confident enough to set this trap by yourself!
- Fill a small bowl with clumping kitty litter.
- Place the bowl in an area where you have seen mice or where you think they may be hiding.
- Use a knife or screwdriver to make a small hole in the bottom of the bowl. The hole should be just big enough for the mice to fit through.
- Tape the bowl to the floor so that it cannot be moved and the hole is facing in the direction of where the mice are hiding.
- Cut a plastic bag so that it covers the hole on top of the bowl but still allows air to pass through.
- The plastic bag will act as a lid and prevent the mice from escaping. You can also use a hot glue gun to attach the plastic bag to the bowl. If you are using a hot glue gun, be sure to put a layer of glue around the entire edge of the hole. You can also use small pieces of wire to secure the plastic bag to the bowl. Check your kitty litter mouse trap daily and dispose of the dead mice properly.
The Best Types of Kitty Litter for Getting Rid of Mice
There are two types of kitty litter that can be used to get rid of mice – clumping and non-clumping, as we have mentioned earlier. Clumping kitty litter contains sodium bentonite, while non-clumping kitty litter does not.
Clumping kitty litter is known to be more effective and the best type of clumping kitty litter to experiment with is the kind that contains clay. This type of kitty litter will expand when it comes into contact with water and will kill the mice when they eat it.
Another good type of clumping kitty litter to use is the kind that contains enzymes. Enzyme-based kitty litters are effective at killing bacteria and viruses, and they will also kill the mice when they eat them.
If you cannot find either of these types of kitty litter, any kind of clumping kitty litter will work. Just be sure to avoid non-clumping kitty litter, as it will not be effective at killing the mice.
When using kitty litter to get rid of mice, be sure to place it in an area where you have seen mice or where you think they may be hiding. By following these steps, you can get rid of mice within a week!
How To Keep Mice from Entering Your Home
Once you have determined how the mice are getting into your home and decided to get rid of them with kitty litter, then you can take steps to prevent them from entering again.
For example, if they are getting in through the floor, you can use a door sweep or place bait in areas where the mice are likely to go. If they are getting in through the doors or windows, you can install screens or seal the cracks and holes.
You can also use kitty litter to keep mice from entering your home. Just sprinkle it around the perimeter of your house, and they will stay away. We trust that you will take these preventative strategies so that you can get cozy at your house without worrying about the mice problems!
Putting the Tips into Practice To Get Rid of Mice with Kitty Litter
Are you wondering what you should do after finding out that you have a mice problem? Let’s summarize all the tips we discussed in this blog post.
If you have a mouse problem, the first thing you need to do is get some kitty litter. You can find this at your local pet store or online. Once you have the kitty litter, put it in a bowl and place it where the mice are active. The mice will be attracted to the kitty litter and will eat it. When they eat it, the kitty litter will swell up inside their stomachs and kill them.
You may need to experiment with different types of kitty litter to find one that works best for your situation. We recommend using clumping kitty litter as it is easier for the mice to eat and it’s more effective to kill them because it contains sodium bentonite which is the poison for the mice! Whichever type of kitty litter you use, make sure to put it in a safe place where children and pets cannot reach it.
If you have a severe mouse problem, you may need to use more than one type of kitty litter. You can also try using different types of bait to attract the mice. We recommend using peanut butter or cheese as bait. Experiment with different baits and kitty litters to find a combination that works for you!
Getting rid of mice with kitty litter is a safe and effective way to solve your mouse problem. In most cases, using kitty litter is all you need to do to get rid of mice!
Now that you know how to get rid of mice with kitty litter, put this knowledge to use and get rid of those cute, pesky critters for good! Be sure to follow the steps outlined in this blog post, and if you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment or contact us. We’re always happy to help!